The RunDown

The RunDown

Tracks Goes for 11 in a Row

River Dell Track Instagram

Our River Dell track team has been very strong for over the past decade with both the girls and boys having many league, county, and state sectional titles. Hundreds of students have signed up each year, with the constant goal of having everyone not playing a spring sport to join. The boys’ team has won a record 10 straight league championships, looking for number eleven while the girls have won three straight since covid started. They won in 2023 with a score of 187.5 while second place had just 91. In 2022 they dominated again winning with 130 whilst second place Mahwah had 66 points. The indoor teams did very well again this year sending multiple students to the state meet of champions which hopefully shines a bright future to the spring team.

Many of these runners that placed in meets last year are returning this year. Some of those returning Athletes would be Chris Baxter, Liam Schwabik, Aidan Grivas, Alijah Abraham as well as many more. They have gave varsity points as underclassmen for the past few years and continue to dominate in their league meets.

On top of these runners that have already proved themselves, River Dell gets new athletes every year. One of those new students would be Andrew Piccinich, when asked why he was joining he said “ I need to get faster because I run weird”. The growing number of kids participating always benefits the program and over 150 students are running between the boys and girls this season. Going into this season River Dell is looking strong and will hopefully be able to pull out their 11th straight league title.